Jan 23, 2008

Weekend Getaway to Chicago

So Jarrod is finally home yay! Ever since he has been gone we have been planning a trip to Chicago. So on Friday Me, Jarrod, his sister Allison, and her friend Jen left for Chicago. We were all very excited for the Cheesecake factory and I was equally excited for the container store (I saw it on Oprah)

I Love Cheesecake!! I had oreo by the way and it was extremely amazing
He's back to being his noraml self
This is at Giradano's Pizza. Jarrod saw it on the travel channel as the best pizza. It was amazing!!!!
Anyway We really didn't get much shopping done because it was sooo cold. Below Zero. My legs were numb from walking just a little. When I go back I'm definitely going in the summer.
So we left Chicago on Sunday and we were getting pretty hungry so the GPS Pam navigated us way out of the way for food. After food we had to take some backroads and Jarrod as usual was speeding so of course we got pulled over. (Time 3:00pm) The cop was pretty nice and reduced the ticket to not wearing a seatbelt so that his insurance didn't go up. So we drove some more and were wondering what would happen if we got pulled over again. Would the cop be able to tell you just got pulled over? Well we found out! So were driving down the highway and Jarrod is going so slow semis are passing us. We see a cop and we pass him and he pulls out.(Time 3:40) Were like ha the cop is going to get those speeders! Nope he pulls us over. Jarrod was angry. But why did he pull us over ...No blinker when changing lanes apparently. I Was laughing becasue I thought it was funny. Jarrod did not. However, we only got a warning. So the moral is you can get pulled over twice in one day and the cop won't know you hust got pulled over.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Hahaha, I love the cop story. That is funny that you got pulled over twice in one day...at least you got off pretty easy, and cheap too!

Bethany said...

haha! That is hilarious! I probably would have laughing if I was you also. But if I was Jarrod, yeah it wouldn't have been fun.

KOphotography Karen Oglesby said...

that is too funny... pulled over twice in one day.. wow you'll remember that trip to Chicago! Glad to see Jerrod is home-- that's good news!