Oct 25, 2007

Don't Mess With Texas

Last Night I arrived in San Antonio, Texas about 2100 hours accompanied by Jarrod's mom and sister. We had some trouble finding the hotel due to constuction and exits being closed. To say the least we did end up driving down the road on the wrong side of the median. However, No oncoming traffic. Lucky us. We got to the hotel at about 2300 and then me and Allison asked the check in man for directions to the base. We told him if he told us th wrong directions in any way that we would come after him. We weren't kidding.
The morning started out with the Airmans run. The trianees ran down the road with their flights chanting. It was so hard to find Jarrod. They all look the same!
This was the first time I saw Jarrod in over 6 weeks. However, I did not get to talk to him I only got to watch him run by.



The Coin Ceremony - Jarrod's Flight - 320 TRS/FLT 647
This is when the Airman are presented with their coins and officially become Airman. Jarrod is the 6th row over three back.
After the ceremony we got to go see our Airman. I finally got to hug him..but only for 5 seconds. And then I hugged him again..for five more seconds.


This is Jarrod with his short hair. Isn't he cute.
Airman Konz
I am so proud of him. He graduated Thunderbolt. This means that Jarrod is one of the most physicallly fit Airmen!He ran a mile and a half in 9 min!

So the National Anthem started playing and I took this opportunity to snap a quick picture of Jarrod saluting.



We were actually touching in this picture. I was so happy to see him :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.